When your shower isn't working properly, it can disrupt your entire household here in Florida. However, it can be difficult to know whether you can simply repair your shower, or if you need to bite the bullet and replace part of it. If you notice leaks, slow drainage, or cracks in your tiles or grout, your shower probably only needs a small repair. If your shower water is discolored, the water won't stay hot, or there is fluctuating water pressure, you may need to think about replacing part of your shower. Whether you need to repair or replace your shower, you should contact a professional to do it for you.
When do you need to repair your shower?
There are many situations where your shower will only require a simple repair. These situations include:
- Minor leaks: Besides being an annoyance, leaks can also cost you money due to the wasted water. Leaks often occur because a part in your shower is loose; therefore, if you notice any minor leaks in your shower, the part that's leaking probably only needs to be tightened.
- Slow drainage: Every homeowner has to deal with a slow drain at some point. A slow drain in your shower is typically caused by a clog in the pipe, which is often a simple fix.
- Cracks in your tiles or grout: Cracks in your shower tend to happen over time, no matter how well you take care of it. If you notice your grout cracking or your tiles chipping, that only calls for a small repair.
These issues can worsen over time, so be sure to have them repaired as soon as possible.
When do you need to replace part of your shower?
There are also a few situations where you may need to bite the bullet and replace part of your shower. These situations include:
- Discolored water: When water comes out of your showerhead or faucet, it should be clear. Discolored shower water is usually caused by rust or corrosion in your pipes. If you notice that the water is discolored, it is time to replace your plumbing.
- Your water turning cold: If you turn on your shower for the first time in a day and the water ends up running cold, you have a problem on your hands. You may need to either replace your shower valves or have a plumber check your water heater.
- Fluctuating water pressure: When your showerhead starts to sputter and isn't able to provide consistent water pressure, it might be time for a replacement.
Whether you're repairing or replacing your shower, call a professional team.
If your shower only requires a small repair, you may want to just do it yourself. However, whether you're repairing your shower or fully replacing it, you should call a professional team to do it for you. Professional plumbers can take a look at your shower and identify what's going on with it; they can then decide the best course of action to resolve the issue. Calling in the experts can also save you money in the long run because if you try to fix your shower yourself and make a mistake, it will cost even more money to fix.
Give us a call to schedule our shower and tub repair and installation service!
Having a shower that doesn't work correctly can be very stressful. With our shower and tub repair and installation service, our plumbing experts here at Curtis Plumbing can either fully replace your shower or make the necessary repairs. We offer this and other top-of-the-line plumbing services to the property owners in Riverview, Brandon, Valrico, and nearby areas in Florida. If you suspect that your shower needs to either be repaired or replaced, give us a call at (813) 672-4111 to schedule our shower and tub repair and installation service today!